Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Stuck in Red Dirt







March 20, 2010

Today we continued our stay in Sedona as guests of Sedona Pines, a timeshare condominium complex.  A young man named Justin approached us while we were strolling along Whiskey Row in Prescott and began to ask us various questions about where we were from, etc.  At first I thought he was a college student needing “gas money,” a favorite ploy of the indigent in Humboldt Co.  But then we realized he was hawking a timeshare site near Sedona. He invited us to spend three comp. days at their resort in exchange for a 90-minute presentation.  Well, being the Scotch people that we are, we said, “Sure, why not.” Also, we learned that we were his first customers and felt compelled to help him get a good start. So here we are on our third day having survived the presentation.  I’m going to share a few more pictures.  Some are of sculptures of local artists, others show more of the gorgeous red rock formations, one shows a picture of a home we are tempted to buy (for only 5 million down), and one is of the Catholic church called Our Lady of the Rocks.  If I were independently wealthy and could afford several homes in various choice areas (like good ol’ Senator McCain), Sedona would be one of those locations.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my.If I were independently wealthy I would be your neighbor!!! The church is beautiful. Did you go inside? I bet the window is just gorgeous from inside. I am so envious of you! What a wonderful trip you are having. Stay well. Looking forward to your next entry.

    ReplyDelete